Post # 68 : The escape velocity


There are times, when hard work isn't hard anymore.
A different state - a trance where everything seems in-control.
No trace of stress, agony, fear or boredom.
A euphoria, that I wish should never end.

But it does end. Like it did, recently.

Last week something happened and I felt like a completely different person. Someone I always wanted to be.
It felt like I was high on Felix Felixis.
I was studying like I never did. I was eating like everything was the tastiest thing I could taste. My brain was on fire. It felt like ideas, solutions and creativeness were in my pocket.

And just when someone asked "Wish to play cards?"
I always screw up card games where luck plays more than you.
I felt self-doubt. One thought led to another and I ended up questioning my luck.

And all the charm faded.


In my quest to "Does god/destiny exist?" , now I see patterns. 
I have no idea what or who put me into that trance. But I know what took me out of it.
So there should be something that took me into this vortex. I need to find that - the key to luck.
So that I can answer my question in a 'No'.

From a last few days, my brain is chanting "I'm good but not good enough."
Like I almost reached there. With a velocity just a little less than an escape velocity that would set me free.
And gravity won this time. Ouch.

~ Chand Sethi


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Post # 68 : The escape velocity


There are times, when hard work isn't hard anymore.
A different state - a trance where everything seems in-control.
No trace of stress, agony, fear or boredom.
A euphoria, that I wish should never end.

But it does end. Like it did, recently.

Last week something happened and I felt like a completely different person. Someone I always wanted to be.
It felt like I was high on Felix Felixis.
I was studying like I never did. I was eating like everything was the tastiest thing I could taste. My brain was on fire. It felt like ideas, solutions and creativeness were in my pocket.

And just when someone asked "Wish to play cards?"
I always screw up card games where luck plays more than you.
I felt self-doubt. One thought led to another and I ended up questioning my luck.

And all the charm faded.


In my quest to "Does god/destiny exist?" , now I see patterns. 
I have no idea what or who put me into that trance. But I know what took me out of it.
So there should be something that took me into this vortex. I need to find that - the key to luck.
So that I can answer my question in a 'No'.

From a last few days, my brain is chanting "I'm good but not good enough."
Like I almost reached there. With a velocity just a little less than an escape velocity that would set me free.
And gravity won this time. Ouch.

~ Chand Sethi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home