Post # 67 : The first text

I won my first trophy in 2009 on a national holiday.
It was a surprise writing competition.
And we were to write about Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

It took me hardly 10 minutes to write one.
His history was still fresh in my mind because I had cheated in my history exams.
One doesn't simply forgets what he cheated.

I was confounded that many had no idea about the one who gave them independence.
After 30 minutes, papers were collected.
It took 15 minutes for 25 teachers to check 700 papers.
That happens when you call people on duty on a national holiday.

I was sitting in the last row and someone called me.
A guy told me to come at teachers' desk.
A pretty old teacher was holding my paper.
"Did you wrote it?" He asked, ironically in incorrect grammar.
"Yes, sir."

And I witnessed my first teachers' meet.

Ten minutes later I was announced that I was the winner.

It was the first time I had won some competition.
That was the spark that made me believe that I can do good at writing.
Although the kind of writing I now wish to do has nothing to do with essay writing.
But that belief I made that day, stands firm.

It may mislead me but I'm open to taking risks.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Post # 67 : The first text

I won my first trophy in 2009 on a national holiday.
It was a surprise writing competition.
And we were to write about Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

It took me hardly 10 minutes to write one.
His history was still fresh in my mind because I had cheated in my history exams.
One doesn't simply forgets what he cheated.

I was confounded that many had no idea about the one who gave them independence.
After 30 minutes, papers were collected.
It took 15 minutes for 25 teachers to check 700 papers.
That happens when you call people on duty on a national holiday.

I was sitting in the last row and someone called me.
A guy told me to come at teachers' desk.
A pretty old teacher was holding my paper.
"Did you wrote it?" He asked, ironically in incorrect grammar.
"Yes, sir."

And I witnessed my first teachers' meet.

Ten minutes later I was announced that I was the winner.

It was the first time I had won some competition.
That was the spark that made me believe that I can do good at writing.
Although the kind of writing I now wish to do has nothing to do with essay writing.
But that belief I made that day, stands firm.

It may mislead me but I'm open to taking risks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home