Post # 57 : Make or break?

Mom and I visited an acquaintance after years. Her son was blind, not by birth but because of some tragic accident in his childhood.
She was telling the story in a very customary manner but she paused often and I believe she was faking that tone. No matter how much time passes, things that broke you don't heal.
You can't talk about them without any twinge in the heart.

Some incidents either make you or break you. There are no middle grounds.

...

I haven't had any incident that was this tragic, but whatever things I had (or I think I had) didn't break me. They made me. I deny things that I don't want to remember. Shut the doors, bolt it, lock it, double lock it. But sometimes...

~ Chaand Sethi

Labels:

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Post # 57 : Make or break?

Mom and I visited an acquaintance after years. Her son was blind, not by birth but because of some tragic accident in his childhood.
She was telling the story in a very customary manner but she paused often and I believe she was faking that tone. No matter how much time passes, things that broke you don't heal.
You can't talk about them without any twinge in the heart.

Some incidents either make you or break you. There are no middle grounds.

...

I haven't had any incident that was this tragic, but whatever things I had (or I think I had) didn't break me. They made me. I deny things that I don't want to remember. Shut the doors, bolt it, lock it, double lock it. But sometimes...

~ Chaand Sethi

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home