Post #49 : Untitled

So I'm finally in Delhi and I'm not amazed that I'm writing about it after 2 months. Life is hectic. 
And I knew that I'll be a night owl. And owls are smarter than larks.
So when everyone sleeps and sun is about to show up, I go to the terrace and lie down. Just another night I had a bit of an unusual experience there. I hadn't slept for some 19-20 hours and while lying I was about to pass out and my mind was going nuts. 
I wanted to get up, but I couldn't. I saw fire around me, but everything felt like a dream. And it was, indeed. I woke up when prickly heat burnt on my skin.

Things aren't easy. In school, it was about competing with best students in your class. Here it is a class of best students of different school.

Marks aren't up to my expectations. 
I was on a video call with my mom and she seemed pretty happy. But as soon as I told her my marks, her smile was gone. From my silence, she figured out that I was upset too and she said "It's okay".

But it wasn't. I am more upset about my parents judging me that my marks.


I need to work.

I have good friends here, but I often need isolation.
My mood and sleeping patterns change drastically.

Every night I spend more and more time on terrace.

All I hope is that I get a chance to write a blogpost titled "How did I get into IIT".

Sleep deprivation and migraine are killing me. 

Hate you Bill Gates.
~ Chaand Sethi

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Post #49 : Untitled

So I'm finally in Delhi and I'm not amazed that I'm writing about it after 2 months. Life is hectic. 
And I knew that I'll be a night owl. And owls are smarter than larks.
So when everyone sleeps and sun is about to show up, I go to the terrace and lie down. Just another night I had a bit of an unusual experience there. I hadn't slept for some 19-20 hours and while lying I was about to pass out and my mind was going nuts. 
I wanted to get up, but I couldn't. I saw fire around me, but everything felt like a dream. And it was, indeed. I woke up when prickly heat burnt on my skin.

Things aren't easy. In school, it was about competing with best students in your class. Here it is a class of best students of different school.

Marks aren't up to my expectations. 
I was on a video call with my mom and she seemed pretty happy. But as soon as I told her my marks, her smile was gone. From my silence, she figured out that I was upset too and she said "It's okay".

But it wasn't. I am more upset about my parents judging me that my marks.


I need to work.

I have good friends here, but I often need isolation.
My mood and sleeping patterns change drastically.

Every night I spend more and more time on terrace.

All I hope is that I get a chance to write a blogpost titled "How did I get into IIT".

Sleep deprivation and migraine are killing me. 

Hate you Bill Gates.
~ Chaand Sethi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home