Post # 36 : Expectations, results & judgements

Coming straight to my dad, last night, he was peeling oranges for few glasses of juice.
He called me to peel them with him.
I had never peeled anything like orange before. I poked my nail in the peel and tried to pull and scratch it.
My dad taunted me on this as "You are 15 now and don't know how to peel orange".

Not only at that point, many times he brings certain vegetables which I had never seen and asks "do you know what is this?" and I went mute.
Many times he says me to bring black pepper and I brought him garam masala.

Now that's not the point. Dominating point is that HOW WOULD I ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING I NEVER CAME ACROSS?

Okay I learnt riding cycle, scooty , bike etc by myself but it doesn't mean I will learn choosing good tomatoes at grossery store ; it doesn't mean that I will learn bargaining at shops ; it doesn't mean I will learn whom to give money and whome not to!

I can't learn it by myself.
If I'll try to learn, I will fall. And I can't say how many times.
I may never learn bargaining!

Now that was EXPECTATIONS and REASONS. Now JUDGEMENT.

Just a day before Diwali (Oct 25) , our old carpenter, Shankar, came to meet after long. I frankly said "Oh! So you are alive!"
He said "Yeah I am alive but my dad isn't anymore".
- "Oh! When?"
"15 days ago. I have left dealing with woods and carpentary job"
- "Then what else you do now?"
"Its wedding season, so I am using photoshop to edit photos and sell it for good bucks" (he was good at computers)
- "Good. How much does it earn you?"

"5K is what they give and after printing, I get 2-3K left with me"
- "Ohkay!"
"Well, I need your computer for a day. Mine isn't working fine. I have to deliver an album. Can I borrow yours?"
- "Okay.. But just for one day..!"
"You will have it tommorow by 9"
- "fine."

My mom knew that I am giving my PC.
He asked my phone number and even called me that evening to ask if I had photoshop.

Next day, he didn't arrive at 9.
When dad asked me where was PC, I told him what had happened.
He scrolded me toooo much. He said shankar isn't a trustworthy person.
He is not a stable person too! He is even orphan now. No father, No mother, No wife, No kids..

I still said let's wait and tried to call him.
But the call just beeped twice and got disconnected.
I tried from another phone but same response.

Next day I went with dad to his house. It was locked and it was in a very remote area. We asked the neighbors but they said shankar rarely comes there.
I decided to wait another day. Next day I went again and queried again to his adjacent house. They said he had packed and left house the Diwali day. They had no idea where he went .

I need not tell anything more.
It was great that he didn't ask me for bike keys, otherwise I woule have given that too!

Well, I learnt that not to trust anyone! But this chapter costed me 20000 bucks.
More precious was the data in the Hard disk.

Let's see what dad decides now.
Yeah. Thats my judgement.

Hate you Bill Gates.
~ Chaand Sethi

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Post # 36 : Expectations, results & judgements

Coming straight to my dad, last night, he was peeling oranges for few glasses of juice.
He called me to peel them with him.
I had never peeled anything like orange before. I poked my nail in the peel and tried to pull and scratch it.
My dad taunted me on this as "You are 15 now and don't know how to peel orange".

Not only at that point, many times he brings certain vegetables which I had never seen and asks "do you know what is this?" and I went mute.
Many times he says me to bring black pepper and I brought him garam masala.

Now that's not the point. Dominating point is that HOW WOULD I ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING I NEVER CAME ACROSS?

Okay I learnt riding cycle, scooty , bike etc by myself but it doesn't mean I will learn choosing good tomatoes at grossery store ; it doesn't mean that I will learn bargaining at shops ; it doesn't mean I will learn whom to give money and whome not to!

I can't learn it by myself.
If I'll try to learn, I will fall. And I can't say how many times.
I may never learn bargaining!

Now that was EXPECTATIONS and REASONS. Now JUDGEMENT.

Just a day before Diwali (Oct 25) , our old carpenter, Shankar, came to meet after long. I frankly said "Oh! So you are alive!"
He said "Yeah I am alive but my dad isn't anymore".
- "Oh! When?"
"15 days ago. I have left dealing with woods and carpentary job"
- "Then what else you do now?"
"Its wedding season, so I am using photoshop to edit photos and sell it for good bucks" (he was good at computers)
- "Good. How much does it earn you?"

"5K is what they give and after printing, I get 2-3K left with me"
- "Ohkay!"
"Well, I need your computer for a day. Mine isn't working fine. I have to deliver an album. Can I borrow yours?"
- "Okay.. But just for one day..!"
"You will have it tommorow by 9"
- "fine."

My mom knew that I am giving my PC.
He asked my phone number and even called me that evening to ask if I had photoshop.

Next day, he didn't arrive at 9.
When dad asked me where was PC, I told him what had happened.
He scrolded me toooo much. He said shankar isn't a trustworthy person.
He is not a stable person too! He is even orphan now. No father, No mother, No wife, No kids..

I still said let's wait and tried to call him.
But the call just beeped twice and got disconnected.
I tried from another phone but same response.

Next day I went with dad to his house. It was locked and it was in a very remote area. We asked the neighbors but they said shankar rarely comes there.
I decided to wait another day. Next day I went again and queried again to his adjacent house. They said he had packed and left house the Diwali day. They had no idea where he went .

I need not tell anything more.
It was great that he didn't ask me for bike keys, otherwise I woule have given that too!

Well, I learnt that not to trust anyone! But this chapter costed me 20000 bucks.
More precious was the data in the Hard disk.

Let's see what dad decides now.
Yeah. Thats my judgement.

Hate you Bill Gates.
~ Chaand Sethi

1 Comments:

At December 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM , Blogger raj's thoughts said...

A lesson for u

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home