Post # 26 : Daddy..

Daddy, Dad, Papa... several words to call Him. While talking to others, I use the word Daddy, but while talking to Him, I just say Papa.
I also add a "Ji" whenever I have some kind of request which He never denies - whether fair or unfair.
Let me go to the rosy past and see what my dad WAS and how He IS.
He was a Punjab born child. When I see His old pictures, not only me, everyone says that I am his Xerox copy.
He had several times shifted from Punjab to Haryana searching for a stable life.
My mother told me that He usually wore brown Kurta Pajama and wasted all the day on the terrace flying kites.
Flying kite is one of the very little dissimilarity among me and dad.
My mom and dad had studied in the same class in the same school (when they were in Sirsa) but earlier He studied in Punjab with some people you may or may not believe "Gurdaas Maan, Ashok Masti and Father of Shahid Kapoor" (I forgot his name, if you remember, Mussadi Lal in the TV show - Office Office)
Now, let me turn the coin.
My parent's marriage was decided on someone's death. Yeah, it is true.
After the marriage, they resided in Punjab before me. The situation was not good. He was a kind of Chef. Some of his recipes are now quite famous in the city.
It was the joint family stuff which provoked my parents to move back to Haryana.
As expected, it went even worse. This time it was a tea stall, a rented room and a 3 year old blind son.
My dad was too different that time. I don't know as I was not born that time but I got to know it.
He was a chain smoker, a non vegetarian and drunk person with an angry character.
Here I want to add something experienced personally. Luck Changes. It doesn't change itself. Just a few changes in your life do.
Most probably, it is a habit or a person. In His case, they were the habits.
Suddenly, he left everything. Without any indication, he stopped everything. No non-veg, no liquor and NO ANGER.
Yes, luck changed. My mom got a government job. Dad also opened the first of its kind shop in the city and earned good.
Also, let me show off. It was just after I born. Remember? A person can also change luck.
Economy of the family kept changing, had a new-owned house, a good prosperous school and a lot more.
Changing the side again.
He is now one of the politest for me (at least for me because some of my cousin still take him an angry young man).
All my wishes come true as soon as possible. Just a sad face makes the wish come true faster.
I think my home is one of the few houses now a day with very rare home fights.
He is still an illiterate, careless, hurried up and "do and then think" kind of person. I love Him.
Alright he is still a chain smoker. That's the only thing he said NO to me. He asked me what present I wanted after class X results and I said him to quit smoking. He didn't.
Hope he changes the habit too and evoke luck to pour more prosperity.
<3 Te amo Dad <3
Antonym of Te amo Bill Gates.
~Chand Sethi

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Post # 26 : Daddy..

Daddy, Dad, Papa... several words to call Him. While talking to others, I use the word Daddy, but while talking to Him, I just say Papa.
I also add a "Ji" whenever I have some kind of request which He never denies - whether fair or unfair.
Let me go to the rosy past and see what my dad WAS and how He IS.
He was a Punjab born child. When I see His old pictures, not only me, everyone says that I am his Xerox copy.
He had several times shifted from Punjab to Haryana searching for a stable life.
My mother told me that He usually wore brown Kurta Pajama and wasted all the day on the terrace flying kites.
Flying kite is one of the very little dissimilarity among me and dad.
My mom and dad had studied in the same class in the same school (when they were in Sirsa) but earlier He studied in Punjab with some people you may or may not believe "Gurdaas Maan, Ashok Masti and Father of Shahid Kapoor" (I forgot his name, if you remember, Mussadi Lal in the TV show - Office Office)
Now, let me turn the coin.
My parent's marriage was decided on someone's death. Yeah, it is true.
After the marriage, they resided in Punjab before me. The situation was not good. He was a kind of Chef. Some of his recipes are now quite famous in the city.
It was the joint family stuff which provoked my parents to move back to Haryana.
As expected, it went even worse. This time it was a tea stall, a rented room and a 3 year old blind son.
My dad was too different that time. I don't know as I was not born that time but I got to know it.
He was a chain smoker, a non vegetarian and drunk person with an angry character.
Here I want to add something experienced personally. Luck Changes. It doesn't change itself. Just a few changes in your life do.
Most probably, it is a habit or a person. In His case, they were the habits.
Suddenly, he left everything. Without any indication, he stopped everything. No non-veg, no liquor and NO ANGER.
Yes, luck changed. My mom got a government job. Dad also opened the first of its kind shop in the city and earned good.
Also, let me show off. It was just after I born. Remember? A person can also change luck.
Economy of the family kept changing, had a new-owned house, a good prosperous school and a lot more.
Changing the side again.
He is now one of the politest for me (at least for me because some of my cousin still take him an angry young man).
All my wishes come true as soon as possible. Just a sad face makes the wish come true faster.
I think my home is one of the few houses now a day with very rare home fights.
He is still an illiterate, careless, hurried up and "do and then think" kind of person. I love Him.
Alright he is still a chain smoker. That's the only thing he said NO to me. He asked me what present I wanted after class X results and I said him to quit smoking. He didn't.
Hope he changes the habit too and evoke luck to pour more prosperity.
<3 Te amo Dad <3
Antonym of Te amo Bill Gates.
~Chand Sethi

2 Comments:

At June 19, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Sumitt Singh said...

its pankaj kapoor - musaddi lal

for mr. pardeep sethi , he iz one of d coolest fathers on dis earth..

 
At December 2, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Blogger raj's thoughts said...

Agreef with sumit....
Ur dad is one of coolest dad on planet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home